Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soldier of Love

This is a dedication to all my ladies whom I am now calling Soldiers of Love. The Sade song came on while I was on the F train last week and I thought to myself.. I said Self.. “Sade is a genius!”. Woman are like soldiers of love. This is for ladies because we do it so effortlessly.

In case you aren’t sure if I’m talking about you here is a little qualifying Soldier of Love questionnaire.

Do you dust yourself off and try again?

Do you wait up because you can't sleep until he gets home?

Does your vision of a perfect life include accomplishments for people that aren’t you?

Do you feel guilty when you buy something for yourself but don’t give a second thought to spending money for someone you love?

Do you prefer if unpleasant things happen to you and not to them because you feel you can deal with it better?

Do you love songs like “She Got Her Own” by Jamie Fox & Neyo or “Make Me Better” by Fabolous and Neyo? Just because they make you feel like someone gets it.

Do you find yourself acting like all problems can be fixed with even more love and understanding even when experience tells you otherwise?

Do you dislike the idea of internet dating because you want to meet your soul mate in an organic, natural, story book, happenstance, fate kind of way?

Does someone else’s story of heartbreak really make you feel sad for a while or make you wish you could give them advice or a hug?

Do you consider simple things like pedicures or a wash and set to be a special treat for yourself while everyone else takes care of their needs all the time?

If you said yes to at least 3 of these then you are one of us.

“I've been torn up inside (oh!)
I've been left behind (oh!)
So I ride
I have the will to survive” – Soldier of Love, Sade

You go girl!

1 comment:

  1. These women are amazing. Makes you feel good to be loved. A lot of people in general do not understand what's involved and the sacrifice it takes. People see these things in their partners and its strengthens the relationships.

    ReplyDelete